My Trees Are Not Looking Well. How Do I Know If They Are Sick?
Most homeowners do not know for certain if their trees are sick until the trees are in the advanced stages of disease infection. It is always best to work with an experienced tree company to ensure that the health and vitality of your trees remain strong and protected. The arbor care company has tree experts, ISA certified arborists and tree doctors who are highly experienced and knowledgeable regarding the common tree diseases that are prevalent throughout Arlington. These tree care professionals adhere to the standards of excellence that the International Society of Arboriculture is known and respected for. When you entrust the care of your trees to a tree care specialist then you can rest assured that your trees will remain beautiful and free of tree sicknesses.
What Are Signs Of Sickness In Trees?
Different tree diseases cause varying specific symptoms to manifest. The variety of the tree also produces different specific indications of tree sickness. In general, trees that are weak and sick reveal common symptoms such as the following:
Healthy tree foliage should be free of any unusual or unsightly marking or blemishes. If there are brown or yellow areas on the leaves or dark spots and blemishes then the tree is sick. These symptoms can indicate a serious tree disease and an arborist that treats sick trees should be contacted quickly.
Healthy tree branches do not break easily, the only exception being that due to extreme weather conditions. Branches should be flexible and not break when bent. Branches falling from your trees that are bare and have no leaves or buds and dead branches that you observe throughout your residential grounds are serious indications of tree sickness. A tree expert should be contacted immediately and these diseased branches must be promptly removed.
Sick trees most often have bark that is peeling, chipping, flaking and has bare spaces. Bark falling indicates tree sickness. Healthy tree bark is solid and consistent in texture and thickness on the tree’s trunk. Contact a tree doctor promptly if you notice the bark on your trees is exhibiting the above-mentioned symptoms.
Leaf loss should occur only when it is appropriate for the season. Trees that have wilted leaves and are losing their foliage in excess are sick. Premature defoliation is a definite indication of tree sickness and a tree doctor should be promptly contacted.
Many residential grounds throughout Arlington have low and high areas. When soil compaction is present and there is not adequate drainage on the habitat grounds then water can accumulate around the tree and soil can become excessively moist. Fungal pathogens often thrive in water and soil moisture and rot tree roots; therefore, if you observe these areas on your outdoor grounds then contact a tree care professional immediately.
A lush, full canopy with no bare areas throughout the tree’s branches is indicative of a healthy tree. If you observe sparse areas throughout your tree and its foliage then your tree is weak and declining in health. A tree expert will enable you to protect your declining tree and restore the tree to optimum health.
What Can I Do To Improve The Appearance And Health Of My Trees?
As with any ailment, early diagnosis and treatment is always the best way to prevent serious damage and destruction from occurring. When tree sicknesses are left untreated they progress and often lead to the tree’s death. A tree care specialist will administer the necessary treatment to restore the tree’s health and provide you with the immunity-boosting treatments that ensure your trees will remain beautiful and strong. Your trees are prized investments. Healthy trees not only provide you with relaxing shaded areas but they also increase your property value tremendously.
- Deep Root Fertilization: We strongly recommend this important treatment! A highly-skilled tree expert injects under pressure into the tree’s root zone the exact nutrients that the tree requires to elevate its disease-resistance. Injected oxygen aerates the soil and eliminates any soil compaction and the damage that compacted soil and poor drainage can cause. It is best to administer this key treatment to trees annually, as trees that receive deep root fertilization are 95% less apt to become infected by diseases.
- Prevent Wounds: Many serious tree diseases invade trees that are wounded and damaged. Accidental wounds can occur from general lawn care maintenance such as weed trimming and decorative plantings. Guard your trees against unintentional wounding by always entrusting the care of your residential grounds to a professional tree care company.
- Tree Health Assessment: The ISA certified arborist closely examines the tree and analyzes its health condition. You will be provided with a tree evaluation report and informed if your tree is weak and vulnerable to sickness and what nutrients the tree requires to remain in the best of health.
- Early Diagnoses and Treatment: If your tree is sick, the earlier your tree is diagnosed and receives the necessary treatment then the least amount of damage will result. It is always best to be proactive and enlist the services of an arbor care company who has the knowledge and experience to restore and guard the health of your trees.
- Tree Removal: Dead and diseased trees can easily spread their infectious agents to healthy trees throughout your habitat. Contact an experienced tree removal company that is bonded and insured and that will carefully remove these eyesores and tree health threats from your residence.
- Regular Tree Pruning: Tree pruning by a tree pruning service prevents overcrowded branches. With regularly-scheduled pruning, adequate sunlight will be provided to the tree and air circulation will eliminate the threat of fungal disease that damp foliage can invite.